Last Updated 15th January 2016
- Library Information Services Limited (“we”, “us” or “FundsLibrary”) is committed
to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors to our website at www.fundslibrary.co.uk
documents referred to in them (“Conditions of Use”)) sets out the basis on which
any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please
read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data
and how we will treat it. By visiting www.fundslibrary.co.uk you are accepting and consenting
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller
is Library Information Services Limited trading as FundsLibrary (a company registered in England
and Wales under company number 02264702). Our registered office and main trading address is at
One College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol BS1 5HL.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms
on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you
give us may include your name, your company name, your address, your e-mail address and telephone
- Information we may collect. We may automatically collect the following information
about each visit to the Website:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the Internet, your geographic location, your browser type and version, browser
plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about visits, including: the source of your visit, the full click path through
the Website (including date and time); services and funds you viewed or searched for;
page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction
information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse movements); and methods used to browse
away from the page and any phone number used to call our Helpdesk number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you
if you use other websites operated by the Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its subsidiaries (as defined
in section 1159, Companies Act 2006 (our “Group”) or the other services they provide. We may
also receive information about you from third party service providers such as advertising networks
and analytics providers. We may combine this information with information you give to us and
information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for
the purposes set out below (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Use of the information collected
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with any information, products and services you request from us (which includes carrying
out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us);
- to provide you with information by post or email, about services you request from us and where appropriate
other services of a similar nature which may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask
us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right by contacting
us by phone, post or email.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and
for your computer as well as to administer the Website and for internal operations, including
troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver
relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions to you and other users of the Website about products or services that may interest
you or them.
- Discolsure of your information
- We may share your personal information with any member of our Group.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- our partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter
into with them or you, to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements
or to protect the rights, property or safety of our sites, ur users or others; and
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts
to you and others on this Website. We will never sell, trade, or rent your personal information
to others. It will only be passed to third party advertisers in order to provide services
on behalf of Hargreaves Lansdown.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your
personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if FundsLibrary, any member of the group of companies of which we are a part, or substantially
all of either of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data
held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any
legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FundsLibrary,
any member of the group of companies of which we are a part, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations to prevent
or detect financial and other crime.
when you browse the Website and also allows us to improve our Website. For detailed information on the
- Where we store your personal data
we collect from you will be held on our servers in the United Kingdom and will be retained for
a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. However, your personal data may be transferred
to, stored at or processed in a destination insider or outside the European Economic Area by
our partners or service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer,
storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is
- The internet is an open medium and we cannot guarantee that any information you send to us by email
or via the Website will not be intercepted or tampered with; any transmission is at your own
risk. To help protect your personal data and minimise the risk of it being intercepted by unauthorised
third parties our secure servers employ Transport Layer Security v1 (TLS) encryption when you
submit information to us through the Website. This security is signified by the "https" and the
padlock on the URL bar. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures
and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Links to external websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks,
advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites
have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like
a copy of some or all of this information you may contact us by email at email@example.com or you may write to us at our registered office address: Hargreaves Lansdown, One College Square South,
Anchor Road, Bristol BS1 5HL. We may charge a nominal fee for providing this information. If any of the
information we hold is inaccurate, you can ask us to make any necessary amendments.
and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this
If you have any comments, queries or requests relating to our use of your personal information or any
firstname.lastname@example.org) or write to us at FundsLibrary, One College Square South, Anchor
Road, Bristol BS1 5HL. We welcome your questions and any suggestions you may have about our Privacy
We have a new website!
Please have a browse to see what’s changed.
New and existing users can still register or sign-in.